Day of Cultural Exchange
Wednesday March 6th
|2:00||3:30|| Cultural Showcase
|3:45||4:45|| Workshop I
|4:45||5:45|| Workshop II
|6:00||8:00|| Welcoming Dinner and Advisor Reception
UNIS Cafeteria and Library
The Cultural showcase is for students to exhibit their culturally diverse talents and gifts to the other conference participants. If you would like to perform, please complete this form to tell us about your performance by Wednesday, February 13 2019. We strongly encourage live performances such as dances, singing acts, demonstrations and short theatre performances rather than projected presentations. Your performance MUST adhere to the following guidelines:
- Act CANNOT exceed five minutes! (in these five minutes you must set time aside for set up and clean up)
- Media to be used in the performance must be submitted via email prior to the performance on the completed form.
- Schools may only perform ONE time total during the show.
- NO foul/insensitive language, offensive or inappropriate gestures.
- NO pyrotechnics, open flames or any other dangerous additions and props.
- Acts are responsible for their own recorded music, props, instruments, etc., if needed.
- Recorded video files MUST be sent in advance, via email, to firstname.lastname@example.org in an acceptable format (i.e. AVI or MOV)
- Recorded music MUST be sent in advance, via email, to email@example.com in an acceptable format (i.e. MP3 or WAV)
- Slideshows (although highly unrecommended) MUST be sent in advance, via email, to firstname.lastname@example.org
There are 20 performance slots available, and we will not accept submissions past Wednesday, February 13th. Selected acts will be notified by Friday, February 22nd.
We are happy to continue offering visiting schools the chance to host workshops at UNIS on the Day of Cultural Exchange. Hosting a workshop gives you the opportunity to allow attendees, both from UNIS and other visiting schools, to experience an aspect of your culture in reference to this year’s conference topic. If you wish to hold a workshop, please complete the following Workshop Plan form and share the google document with email@example.com. The application is due on Wednesday, February 13th. Selected groups will be notified by Friday, February 22nd.